As part of its research services, the LC-MS Development Unit provides expertise and high-end equipment for liquid chromatography coupled to mass spectrometry-based applications used in biomedical and clinical research and diagnostics. Our service is embedded in an accredited clinical laboratory environment and includes method development, validation, data processing and interpretation as part of clinical studies or for prospective routine diagnostics purposes. Additionally, we assist in transferring and optimizing established clinical diagnostic methods to state-of-the-art LC-MS methods with the aim to improve throughput, quality and turnaround time.
Our services encompass high-resolution instrumentation (Orbitrap Exploris 240 and Q-Exactive Plus, Thermo) and tandem mass spectrometry systems (Xevo TQ-S, Waters and QTRAP 6500+, AB Sciex) for qualitative and quantitative metabolite analyses.
To inquire about your project or for further information please contact us via E-Mail.
- Implementation of a LC-MS/MS method for the quantification of glycosaminoglycans in urine for mucopolysaccharidosis (MPS) diagnosis
- Adaptation of a LC-MS/MS method for quantification of Tacrolimus and Sirolimus in rat or pig tissue
- Transfer of a LC-MS/MS method for the quantification of uracil and dihydrouracil and its fluorinated forms
- Development of a LC-MS/MS method for the quantification of Hypocretin 1 in the context of the SPHYNCS study
- Support for the development of LC-MS/MS methods to absolutely quantify of ketone bodies and energy metabolites in collaboration with the research lab of metabolic inborn errors
- Assistance for various research projects in clinical metabolomics and lipidomics